Deer become trusting after only a fee months of watching humans from afar. They soon approach those who pay them no attention and will often graze with just a few feet. LaPorte County is lucky to have an abundance of these beautiful creatures.
A couple of female Mallards enjoying a swim in LaPorte County Indiana.
Mallards are “dabbling duck” that graze upon underwater vegetation.
1. Duck’s feet can’t feel cold.
2. Duck’s quacks do echo
3. Ducks eat rocks.
4. Ducks have three eyelids.
5. Ducks have different names.
6. The fastest duck was a Red-breasted Merganser.
7. Ducks can fly as high as airplanes.
8. Ducks are hard to sneak up on.
9. Ducklings mature quickly.
10. Preening helps ducks stay dry.